About infoNET Iowa
Iowans with Disabilities in Action and the Iowa Developmental Disabilities Council created this advocacy forum , infoNET, to give you the information, tools, resources and opportunities you need to take action on the issues important to you. Our newsletter and network of resources helps advocates with disabilities stay up-to-date on current issues by:
- Letting you know what the Legislature is up to - and what you can do to influence their decisions.
- Keeping tabs on the Iowa Governor's office and state agency initiatives.
- Reporting on what's going on in the US Congress.
- Suggesting ways to make you more effective in your advocacy.
- Providing tips to make your message powerful and persuasive.
- Reporting objectively on public policy being discussed.
- Tracking legislation introduced.
- Showing how your legislators voted on key issues.
- Connecting you with other advocates using social media, online training, and community conversations.
- Giving you the tools to help you become a better advocate.
- Letting you know when there are opportunities to bring your issue to the attention of law makers and opinion leaders.
Your elected officials face very difficult choices everyday, and the decisions they make affect your life. The people representing you from the White House and Congress to your State Capitol and County Courthouse need to know your story, so they can make informed decisions. Now more than ever, it is important for Iowans with disabilities and their family members to take action.